The Architecture Foundation
The Architecture Foundation is a non-profit agency for contemporary architecture, urbanism and culture. They cultivate new talent and new ideas.
> ACTIVITY <
Through their diverse programmes, The Architecture Foundation facilitate international and interdisciplinary exchanges, stimulate critical engagement amongst professionals, policy makers and a broad public, and shape the quality of the built environment. They are independent.
The Architecture Foundation's diverse and cross-disciplinary programme includes:
- events from film screenings to lectures and debates
- exhibitions that experiment with representations of architecture
- competitions for buildings and public spaces
- awards that celebrate excellence in contemporary architecture and urbanism
- Education projects, focussing on young people considering further built environment study
- a wide range of other projects including the London Architecture Diary and the London Festival of Architecture
Their sucessful Urban Pioneers programme was complemented by the Urban Sages programme for over 65's.
> IMPACT <
In 2011/12, amongst their vaired programme, The Architecture Foundation
> RECENT PRESS <
- Involved 49 artists and countless architects
- Facilitated 27 new artist’s commissions
- Provided 161 policy and advice sessions
- Delivered 19 education events for 43 students
- Delivered 19 informal education and participatory sessions
- Managed 6 competitions
- Organised 8 exhibitions with an audience of 27,501
- Produced 2 publications
- Screened 8 films to an audience of 942
- Organised 5 tours
- Organised 23 lectures, seminars and debates, with approx 1,920 delegates attending in total
- Delivered over 215 community events for over 4,200 people
> WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING <
- "We are really interested in this project as a number of my 6th Form students want to continue to architecture at university. We currently teach a programme called International Baccalaureate which is a highly academic course, very theory based.... this is why the project is so perfect for us, as students will be able to access practical making skills. I just can't believe we are lucky enough to be part of this project."
Teacher, St. Mary Magdelene Academy, participant in Architecture Foundation's Urban Pioneers